Click the lightbulb above to SIGN UP NOW!
Billeting is the “youth exchange” component of the conference, and is a vital part of the tradition and spirit of CSLC. Billeting is a way of encouraging our student participants to safely step outside their comfort zones, and at the same time, warmly welcome them into a new community. Additionally, billeting allows our participants to gain first-hand experience of the culture and heritage of the host school or district.
We are inviting you to billet 2 or more students from all areas of Canada in your home.
- Provide breakfast each morning
- Provide transportation to and from the conference each day
- Organize dinner and activities with your students for one special evening with billets
- Provide a bed/air mattress for each student, and sufficient personal privacy (ex. 2 students share a bedroom, 4 students share a larger bedroom/separate space in house – basement, loft etc.)
- Billeting can sometimes feel like one week-long sleepover!
- Acquire a criminal record check (free of charge courtesy of the Waterloo Regional Police Service) for all residents 18 years and older
To become a billet family:
- Complete the application form here
- Check your email for verification from CSLC 2017
- Receive your Vulnerable Sector Check, provided by the Waterloo Regional Police Service (Free of Charge)
- Submit Vulnerable Sector Check to:
Dan Steckley, Billeting Co-Chair
Sir John A. Macdonald Secondary School
Attn: Dan Steckley
650 Laurelwood Drive
Fax: 519 880 9718